We employ 12 core values that guide the development of programs and the organization:
1) We believe that children and youth are our most precious resources.
2) We believe in an approach to youth development that builds assets and empowers individuals.
3) We believe that the best youth development occurs in small groups where children and youth are actively involved in
creating their own learning.
4) We are committed to coeducation, providing opportunities for boys, girls and families to develop together.
5) We provide caring, trained mentors to work with children and youth.
6) We are inclusive, welcoming children, youth and adults regardless of race, religion, socioeconomic status, disability,
sexual orientation or other aspects of diversity.
7) We believe in the power of nature to awaken a child’s senses, curiosity, and desire to learn.
8) We foster leadership, engaging children and youth to give service and make decisions in a democratic society.
9) We provide safe, fun and nurturing environments for children and youth.
10) We enrich parents’ and other adults’ lives by expanding their skills and encouraging them to share their talents and
build relationships with children and youth.
11) We respond to community needs with our programs and expertise.
12) We advocate on behalf of children, youth and families.