Clubs meet afterschool, evenings, or weekends in a small group setting where children of similar age are connected with a volunteer leader and participate in a variety of activities. Our volunteers are working moms and dads, grandparents, and other caring adults who desire to invest in young people during intentional time together. Club Members participate in a fun and safe atmosphere while gaining critical life skills: Contribution, Confidence, Connection, Competence, Caring, and Character. In modern educational research, this called SEL: Social Emotional Learning, and can be a greater indicator of a young person’s success trajectory than their math and reading scores. Reflecting upon their childhood, Camp Fire Alumni often report that the connection with caring adults, and the skills they gained in Camp Fire have propelled them on a path toward success that may have otherwise been inaccessible. Several of our Club Leaders were youth participants.
Club Members progress through the following group levels: Little Stars (Preschool), Starflight (K-2nd grade), Adventure (3rd-5th), Discovery (6th-8th), and Horizon (9th-12th). Through community service, creativity, outdoor learning, and leadership opportunities, young people find their Sparks and learn to Thrive! The Camp Fire Club program material focuses on the following "Trails" or subjects:
- Trail to the Environment – helps youth understand and appreciate the world of nature.
- Trail to the Future – focuses on developing mental and physical skills that will help young people become successful adults.
- Trail to Knowing Me – helps children learn leadership, relationship and communication skills and focuses on increasing children’s self-knowledge.
- Trail to Creativity – Stimulates children’s creativity and imagination through activities that involve the arts.
- Trail to Family and Community – Strengthens each child’s place in the family and community and focuses on service-learning citizenship.
Youth help decide which trails they would like to follow in their club, earning emblems and beads upon completion of their goals. They also learn the value of reflection through award ceremonies where youth are recognized for their accomplishments. To find the nearest club for your family contact us below or by calling 805-773-5126.